• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 2020 Magazine
Thanks for the magazine Brian (and John )
I had to smile when I saw the picture of the Paris - Dakar race car.
The yellow Dyna behind was "Buttercup" with me and Denise in Paris. I think we were at the company's 90th Anniversary rally at Porte Maillot, where there is a monument to Panhard et Levassor showing the famous "Number 5" car in anger .

I was sorry to read about George's passing, a special guy, I remember visiting Swindon a long time ago and looking at his Dyna. I wish the family well at this sad time in their lives.

Also sorry to read about John Bellwood's engine, but luckily he wasn't far from home. I had a similar occurrence in Buttercup once. We were on our way home from a rally up North when there was an almighty clatter. I dipped the clutch straight away and the noise stopped, however when I let it back in it started again. I dipped the clutch again, noise stopped, and slowly released it. No more noise and we continued home at a leisurely pace. Next morning I removed the sump, cleaned out all the bits from a broken skirt, refilled with fresh oil and went straight off to a rally in Kent ! I can't remember how long the engine ran after that, but I was using the car for work every day , so it was some while ! Interesting to read about the follower, not seen that happen before.

Lastly , well done to John Jordan , he is doing a great job, much better than my attempt ! lol
Adrian
It's Humble to Stumble Tongue

Messages In This Thread
June 2020 Magazine - by Adrian - 05-26-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: June 2020 Magazine - by Paz - 05-29-2020, 08:13 AM
RE: June 2020 Magazine - by Unox85 - 06-05-2020, 12:05 PM