• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 2020 Magazine
Thanks for the magazine Brian (and John )
I had to smile when I saw the picture of the Paris - Dakar race car.
The yellow Dyna behind was "Buttercup" with me and Denise in Paris. I think we were at the company's 90th Anniversary rally at Porte Maillot, where there is a monument to Panhard et Levassor showing the famous "Number 5" car in anger .

I was sorry to read about George's passing, a special guy, I remember visiting Swindon a long time ago and looking at his Dyna. I wish the family well at this sad time in their lives.

Also sorry to read about John Bellwood's engine, but luckily he wasn't far from home. I had a similar occurrence in Buttercup once. We were on our way home from a rally up North when there was an almighty clatter. I dipped the clutch straight away and the noise stopped, however when I let it back in it started again. I dipped the clutch again, noise stopped, and slowly released it. No more noise and we continued home at a leisurely pace. Next morning I removed the sump, cleaned out all the bits from a broken skirt, refilled with fresh oil and went straight off to a rally in Kent ! I can't remember how long the engine ran after that, but I was using the car for work every day , so it was some while ! Interesting to read about the follower, not seen that happen before.

Lastly , well done to John Jordan , he is doing a great job, much better than my attempt ! lol
Adrian
It's Humble to Stumble Tongue
Hi Adrian,
Glad you enjoyed the magazine it was much more difficult to put it together this time due to the isolation, however we did have some of the articles in the pipeline which helped but only seeing Brian on a Friday 2 metres from his doorstep made interesting to say the least. and yes our hearts go out to Liz Pearsall and Gill at this difficult time.
I had not noticed buttercup in the picture fame at last!
I'll look out what parts I can for you soon, good luck with the resto keep well

John
Thanks for your mention Adrian, there’s more to the saga and I’ll fill you all in later!

John