• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z1 Part 5
Part five.
[b]13/09/1954 Panhard Dyna Z1 LHD.[/b]

Then life got in the way!
The owner bought a house for renovation in the Telford area and apart from one or two small jobs the car was left virtually untouched (?) after the initial spurt on it's return from the bodyshop. I had also started working two month stints in summer in Lyon which didn't help!

In May/June 2013, I dropped another Z1 down in Shrewsbury for the seats to be restored. (Erstwhile Panhardist may recall this one was part of the late Frank Holden's collection.) This was picked up in Nov 2014 and promptly broke down with a broken torsion bar valve spring on the way back. It  had to be recovered home[Image: 2639.png] Along with the broken torsion bar, the exhaust valve had kissed the piston, or vice-versa, and was bent. The piston survived the contact OK.

You will note the ugly trailer lighting board on the car. This is because the original indicators and tail lights (+ parking light) are situated in the rear hip lights and are none too bright, or easy to spot! Similar situation with the front scuttle lights carrying  the front indicators and parking light.
For a variety of reasons, the return of the green Z1 to my house, was delayed in 2017, 2018, & 2019 until it was finally planned for April 2020, but then the virus lockdown scuppered that, before finally arriving on 5th July .
As you can imagine after 9 years away a lot of the initial work will have to be re-checked, not least the wiring loom which had been part dismantled to facilitate the body and paint repairs.
As of today I am within a week or so of completing my side of the job, teething problems and weather not withstanding!

to be continued

The photos are of the broken down Z1. The recovery truck driver was an Amy Winehouse lookalike!   I will post details and photos of this car at a later date!

Attached Files Image(s)