• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panhard Dyna Z1 Part 6
Part six.
[b]13/09/1954 Panhard Dyna Z1 LHD.[/b]

Just as the first lockdown was starting to lift, the car arrived by trailer on the 5th July complete with a huge quantity of spares of which sadly 95% are for the later models. You may remember I sent out the first 2 photos below fanfaring its arrival.
As previously mentioned a lot of items had been removed to facilitate the body and paintwork and not all had been refitted. The wiring loom had been separated and has had to have an extension added behind the bulkhead. New fuse and relay board made up and fitted (no fuses on original Panhard wiring!) lighting multiswitch has had to be replaced as bizarlly it had stopped working whilst at rest!  
Biggest find was that the bodywork damage noted previously on the o/s/f bulkhead had unfortunatelyextended to the suspension. The top leaf spring was bent (compare photos nos 3 n/s & 4 o/s) plus the drive shaft had been affected. Used parts have been traced and fitted and a full geometry check will be carried out.

It fired up and ran for the first time in approx  40 years on Friday 23rd October

Tuesday 3rd November the car was briefly road tested. A couple of minor faults cured, noisy speedo and a gearlinkage adjustment, but two major faults remain. The brakes require pressure bleeding, as despite two litres of fluid bled through the system, they remain poor. A(n) horrendous clutch judder will need to be looked at despite a new clutch assy in place!?

Wednesday 4th Nov the car was collected by the owner, on the same trailer, and over the next 6 months the interior trim will be finished before returning for the clutch repair. It is getting cold now!!

There will be teething problems. It would be too much to expect everything to work as it should without some adjustments. It is after all a Panhard!

Look out for part 7 in a few months!

Martin                                                
Z1 looking good Martin well done, I look forward to seeing more later

John
I've enjoyed looking at the pictures too Martin,

I might even be forced to contribute soon, if only to add some reference material.
Mike